Wednesday, March 19, 2008

1!

Baby A turns one tomorrow. And oh what a roller coaster ride the first year has been.
It just seems like yesterday that I walked into Jehangir Hospital, Pune with Mom, Dad, Dimple and Darling G. My maternity bag in tow. And here I am sitting today reminiscing the year gone by. That too in a jiffy!
Baby A has metamorphosised from the little bundle that he was into a little boy eagerly running around discovering his universe.
This afternoon when I went home during lunch hour he was busy pulling out the linen from the cupboard. Just to discipline him I raised my voice and he turned around, gave me the cheekiest smile imaginable and then burst into a fit of giggles. And then we both were rolling on the bed in fits of laughter.
And to imagine that a year back he was so small, tiny with flailing arms and legs. And here he is today able to express his joy to me. Not to discount his equal expression of all that annoys him.
I know what it takes to be a mother now and all I can say is that god gave me my masterpiece and I called him 'Arhaan'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a very heart warming expression on 1 year gone by. I have to learn so much starting May 25, 2008 hmmm. Waiting eagerly!!

The Ketchup Girl said...

A huge hug from mish mash to baby A. yes the first birthday is special. And its just amazing how much changes, and yet our feelings towards them remain the same.