Thursday, November 16, 2006

Object D'Art!

Walk up the Dom Joao's lane towards Ronils and on your left is this small 'tattoo parlour'.

Run by a Kashmiri chap who insists on speaking in English and doesn't seem to understand if you try Hindi on him. He's got this Japanese lady who works out of his parlour and does some amazing body art. She doesn't speak much English except for a 'Yes' and a 'No' and 'Ooh it pains'?

But she works magic with her hands, her pins, needles and various inks and transforms simple sketches and tracings into wonderful and amazing pieces of body art.

So like each time, along we trudged to pay her a visit. Mr. G went back again and again. Till I suspected if it were the tattoo's or the lady he was interested in!

But sweet Mr. G like always gave me an option to choose the design. But not the object d' art since that was fixed, set and sealed in his mind.

Now since I knew fuming, fretting, huffing and puffing and threatening to hold my breath till I die were ploys that would not have worked I relented and picked up the design for him.

So the next evening with his mission clearly defined, out he set for his date with the Japanese lady. After an hour of seething I finally decided to pay him a visit which lasted all of 2 1/4 minutes. I hate the sight of pins and needles and decided to make myself scarce before I did something as stupid as swoon!

Hate as much as I do to admit it... well the object d' art is well...nice...Ok...Ok...It's actually very nice. And well I married one didn't I?? So I got to like it:) No love it:)

I have the picture of Mr. G's tattoo up. Do let me know what you think.






1 comment:

GLang911 said...

Lovely tattoo :0 & btw that guy is not from kashmir...he is from Himachal :)