Thursday, November 30, 2006

Things that pep me up when I got the blues...

I started the day by listening to Billy Joel on my office computer... She's always a woman to me... And realized its a song I used to often listen to when down and out while in college. And somehow it always brought a smile back to my face.

So I decided to pen down some of things that pep me up when I got the blues.

So here goes...

- Looking at old pictures of myself and my sister. The crazy fashion statements we made at that point in time. And the equally weird hair-do's we sported!

- Leafing through birthday cards I have received over the years.

- My high school 'slam' book. It has tufts of hair of my friends stuck on to some of the pages!

- A good hot water shower followed by slapping on oodles of perfumed body lotion. Somehow smelling good always chases away the blues!

- A packet of greasy calorie laden chips munched down while watching old re-runs of 'Friends'.

- Calling up my sister and dumping my problems on to her and getting her all bluesy:)

- Lighting up incense cones.

And how can I not mention the bestest way to chase away the blues...

A big bear hug from my teddy Mr.G!!

No comments: