Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Dog on a tin roof.

I walk to work each morning. The route I take each day is the same. And there are familiar faces also I see each day.

And then there's this dog. A wasted mongrel with the most beautiful and soulful eyes I have ever seen.

He's spotted. A white dog with huge brown spots all over. A non-existent tail which I think was chopped off by some mean-hearted person! You can't put an age to him. But I think he's an old fella.

That's because he's always plopped on the roof of a car with skin that folds over and floppy ears.

Now this car's story I would really love to know. It's an old old car. Rusted with flat tires and probably not moved in decades. Tied up with some torn plastic sheets and tarpaulin. It's more tin now than metal!

And the roof of this car is what the brown spotted dog with no-tail has made home.

And this is where he's forever plopped basking in the early morning sun.

And this is from where he stares at me with the most soulful eyes I have ever seen as I pass him each day to work.

No comments: