Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yin Yang.

The Yin is different from the Yang.

The X chromosome from the Y.

That is what theory handed down the ages says.

But contrary to certain aspects of the theory there are a lot of the X and the Yang related stuff that I particularly enjoy.

When I was little I loved to play with the boys.

I never remember having a collection of dolls or doll houses or doing anything remotely 'girly'.

My growing up years were typically the awkard years. Metamorphosis was not too kind on me. I was gawky with a figure that was hidden behind baggy trousers and over sized shirts. Eyes that were hidden behind huge reading glasses which I believed gave me an intellectual look. Or was it to cover all those strange eruptions and zits on my face. Hair which I kept short almost like a military cut.

During my college years my best friends were guys. I related better with them. And all those who I had a crush on confided in me about the girls they had a crush on!

But then I'd like to believe that a realization happened. And I discovered my feminine side. I grew my hair long, got rid of my huge reading glasses and all my tomboy clothes, re-vamped my entire wardrobe and learnt to be all coy and bat my eyelids coquettishly at the drop of a hat!

But last night I realized that the X and Yin are an inherent part of my life. I sat through a fifteen minute capsule of WWE with Mr. G and enjoyed it. Those huge, burly men beating each other to pulp.

And though I grimaced, winced and yelped with each blow... I'd be lying if I say I didn't enjoy it thoroughly.

And I realized its great to be Yin and Yang rolled into one. So much nicer:)

2 comments:

savvy said...

... and what a woman u've turned into! quite a transformation from the tomboy u were, i must say. though i think we wud have had fun if we'd met as kids... i was quite like you - more hyper and all over the place maybe. we'd have rocked even then, aby baby.

GLang911 said...

So does that mean we can now watch WWE regulary :)